Tuesday, 3 February 2015

What Would You Do If You Weren't Afraid? | Abi Street



So on Friday night I slept at Luca's house, had a lovely evening with him, took all my makeup off before I went to bed, regardless of my skin being awful but it's fine because I know Luca loves me regardless of having makeup on or not.

But the next day when I started getting ready for work I realised that I forgot to bring my makeup bag. I felt suddenly really anxious the fact I had to go to work all day with no makeup, and when I say no makeup, I literally had no concealer, no mascara or anything. A completely bare face.

This got me thinking that it is actually so bad that I felt ashamed to have no makeup on and not having any blemishes covered. Yet about 7 years ago I would go out with absolutely no makeup on and not bat an eyelid. 

I think that in 2015 it is awful that young girls like me, feel like they can't go out and be comfortable with no makeup on. I'm not saying that every girl doesn't feel comfortable because I know girls that wear no makeup at all and always look beautiful. But it's just because I have been wearing makeup for so many years and an involved in an environment where it's the normal thing to wear makeup every single day. 

Whilst I was at work there were points that I felt really insecure and that people were really staring at me, and a few comments like 'Are you okay Abi? You don't look great', did make me feel a bit crappy. But after a while I completely forget that I didn't have any makeup on at all, and I did start to feel really comfortable. The best thing about this whole thing, is that I didn't have to spend ages taking my makeup off before I got into bed. 

I'm not to sure where I am going with this but I feel like it is so important that every girl needs to realise they are beautiful. Regardless of having a few blemishes. Being comfortable in your own skin should come before everything because at the end if the day, it's you who has to live in your skin and see yourself everyday.

Because of this whole experience, I feel like I actually want to start going maybe one day a week with no makeup on, regardless of where I am going. It definitely made me feel more confident, and was so good for my skin. 

Thanks For Reading, 
Love Abi x

16 comments:

  1. Great post! :) I have to admit that the thought of having to go out or to work without wearing any make-up does panic me a little and I really wish it didn't. It's such a shame that most young girls feel this way and I think more should be done to motivate girls to feel confident in their own body!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie. I completely agree, there should be a lot more done to make young girls feel comfortable in their own skin xx

      Delete
  2. Such a great post lovely! I have to say that I don’t actually wear any makeup during the week, I’ve just sort of go to the point where I’m like “this is my face, deal with it!” It’s mainly through laziness that I don’t wear makeup during the week, I’d rather have that extra 5/10 minutes in bed! Lol – that, and there is literally no one to dress up for at work! Lol - I’ve had a few comments like “oh you don’t look well” or “are you feeling ok” I just make light of the situation and say something back like “I’ve got a bare ass face today, that’s probably why I look ill!” lol

    Hayley xo| Sailor Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would much rather stay in bed than get ready in the mornings hah. When I got the comments I did the same, I just said 'I don't have any makeup on, thats probably why I look like shit' ahha! xx

      Delete
    2. LOL I love it. I'm totally using that line.

      Delete
  3. Totally agree!!! I love days without makeup.. it makes getting ready for bed so much easier haha.. but on a another note, it's so hard to not share my love for makeup with my 8 yr old neice when she wants to try on lipgloss. Even though it's just lipgloss, I want her to keep her purity and confidence the way she is -- makeup free! That's so important to instill in younger girls. They are growing up entirely too quick these days, 15 yr old girls act 26!!!!! Great post Abi :)

    xo, Becky
    www.becksbabyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makeup free days are the best! Yes!! It scares me that girls so young now and so involved in makeup, and the whole beauty community. I think young girls should take advantage of their lovely skin, and natural beauty whilst they're young!! Thank you xx

      Delete
  4. Ah how great, such a lovely post. I don't really like makeupless days, but sometimes I'm just way too lazy.

    I totally love your blog! I'm following you on Bloglovin right now.



    Kelly | www.Elegantic.nl ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post!!
    maybe tomorrow i give my face a rest and go out with no make up ;)

    ruedesmauvaisesfilles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You definitely should xx

      Delete
  6. amazing post! Its great that you now feel comfortable in your skin, nothing is more amazing than that. I think you should absolutely take up that challenge and go without make-up one day out of the week

    Shalay,
    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I wouldn't say I feel comfortable in my own skin, but I have realised it definitely isn't as bad as i though! xx

      Delete
  7. i understand you perfectly dear, this is what young ladies need to know.. today i also slept out and i had no make up, i felt good going out like that..
    thanks for sharing
    beautiful and nice blog too
    i am following now, please follow back. thank you
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I feel like young girls really need to take note!! Im glad :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  8. I love this post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left. Thank you so much for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS