Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Make Up Your Mind | Abi Street

So recently I have been a spending a bit more than a can afford. Student loan is in and I have 0 self control. These are my most recent beauty buys. I have to admit, I bought some of these products a while back now, so this is going to be a review sort post at the same time. 


I had the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation for a while and thought it was time to try something new for my face. I had a read a fair few reviews on the Revlon Photoready foundation and thought it seemed like a good foundation to move on to. It's slightly more expensive than the Rimmel foundation at £12.99, but so far I am really enjoying using this product. It covers all the areas that I need covering, giving my skin a even colour. 


Recently, I have been suffering from dark circles under my eyes from sleepless nights due to endless assignments at uni. I was on the hunt for a good concealer for my under eyes. I always use the Collection 2000 as my general concealer, but I just felt like it wasn't enough. I have tried this product a few times, but it just really doesn't work well with me. I find the consistency of this product really cakey, and just doesn't sit right under my eyes. One thing I do love about this product is the packaging, I feel like Seventeen have really upped their game with packaging recently!



Now this is a product that is actually fully used up. Again, like the previous product I was looking for something to get rid of those dark circles. I loved this product and definitely will be repurchasing it soon. I apply this just before my powder, making a triangle shape under my eyes and blending it in. I feel like this is really brightening and adds to slightly highlight. 



I have a post lined up where I will be doing a full review of three Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lip sticks, where this one is included. But this is one of my latest and favourite lip products. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but this is really creamy when applying and then dries to a matte finish without drying your lips out too much. This is in the shade Grand-Cru. 



Last but in no means least, one of my most used products. This is the Sleek i-Divine Palette in Storm. I absolutely adore Sleek palettes. Each palette has 12 shadows, and its only £7.99, which is such a bargin. I use the palette nearly every single day. This palette was perfect for over Christmas because it is full of shimmer. But, this palette can be incorporated for day and night shadows, using just a simple champagne colour all over the lid, or working a dark shimmer into the crease for a smokey eye. I honestly cannot speak highly enough of Sleek products at the moment. 


Thanks For Reading, 
Love Abi x



35 comments:

  1. That sleek palette is gorgeous! Their contour palette is my favourite, especially the highlighter in it :)

    Hannah x | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it!! I have eyed that up, i have the Seventeen contour palette which is really similar xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Bourjois velvet lip lacquer. I keep hearing such good things about them!

    Natalie xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! You definitely should invest xx

      Delete
  3. Its okay to splurge once in a while ;) I need that brighten top shop pen in my life xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah exactly what i think! It is so good xx

      Delete
  4. Really want to try that top shop brighten! X

    www.lizzieroseblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to try Bourjois Rouge Velvet but those darn things are so pricey here in Canada! You got yourself a really great haul there and the Sleek palette looks really stunning.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ow thats so annoying! Can you order anything online or is the postage too expensive? Thank you xx

      Delete
  6. Very interesting post.. Haha I know exactly what you mean.. Same here when Student loans are in I get all excited and start looking for Make up products lol.. I love that Bourjois Rouge Velvet and Sleek Eye shadow Palette :D
    http://xorosiejanxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It;s such a pain isn't it! Thank you xx

      Delete
  7. Great post can't wait to get my hands on the seventeen concealer looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous purchases! I'm a big fan of the Sleek eye shadow palettes! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀ // GIVEAWAY!

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They are great aren't they xx

      Delete
  9. I LOVEEE THAT FOUNDATION HEHE :)

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey hun I have nominated you for the Liebster award, check out my blog for more information
    http://sophiesclosetxo.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    xo Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I really appreciate it xx

      Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  11. Is that brightening concealer from Topshop? I realy need something as I have permanent dark circles under my eyes. It can look like I have been punched some mornings :(

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is! Oww no! Well more sleep is definitely something that will help, along with lots of water. This is good at brightening the eyes, but isn't high coverage. I always apply this over concealer xx

      Delete
  12. Love the Bourjois lippie, I have it in Pink Pong and its amazing. Maybe try using the Phwoarr concealer on blemishes only? That creamy thick formula can settle into lines under the eyes... maybe try something like Rimmel Wake Me Up there.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab aren't they! Thanks for the tip, i will try that!! Yeah I might pick that one up. Thanks girls xx

      Delete
  13. I've just started trying out a new foundation but I'm not amazed by. I love the sound of this photo ready one so might be next on the list. Does it cover blemishes well?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a shame, what foundation are you currently using? It is good, I really like it so far! It covers them quite well, but I still like to go over my blemishes with concealer as well! Just for the extra cover xx

      Delete
  14. Your blog is great !
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.You can check out my post on BubblyBeauty and remember to have a look at the rules :)

    BubblyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I've been nominated by a few people now, but i've only recently done a Liebster Award. I will do it in the near future though! Thanks again xx

      Delete
  15. I love eye brightening pens! My personal fave is Lightening Touch from The Body Shop. As for Sleek palettes well, I love them so much that I have ditched MAC eye shadows. They're better with such a low price too. Have you tried their Blush By 3 blush palette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really keen to try some Body Shop makeup products as I don't currently own any. I adore the sleek palettes! I'm yet to try any other Sleek products, but I will reach out soon xx

      Delete
  16. That Sleek Palette is gorgeous, I love their oh so special one as well but i've been wanting this one as well! Great post and blog!
    Amber
    xx
    www.amberoseblogs.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment left. Thank you so much for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS