Wednesday, 15 October 2014

5 Top Autumn Nail Varnish Picks | Abi Street

 So we have come around to my favourite time of the year! Autumn.
For me autumn is all about snuggling up with your loved one and all your friends in front of endless amounts of films, hot chocolate, blankets and hearty food. From a fashion and beauty perspective, you get thick jumpers, ankle boots, dark berry lipstick and dark nails. Pretty much all of my favourite things right there.


I have a gigantic nail varnish collection, so I've decided to pick just five nail varnishes that I will use throughout the autumnal season.



Tanya Burr Cosmetics - New York Night
This is one of my new nail varnishes that I have purchased for autumn, from the Tanya Burr Cosmetics collection. You can see my review of the products here. This is a lovely colour for autumn as it is a nice berry purple with one coat, but with two coats it becomes a really rich dark purple.


No7 - Damson Dream
This has been one of my go-to reds for a long time. I absolutely love No7 nail varnishes due to the brush size and the thickness of the polish. This is a really lovely dark red colour, with just that little bit of shimmer, perfect to edge from autumn into the more festive season. This one works great as a party nail varnish.
  

 Black Poppy - (This doesn't have a colour name)
Now I know this isn't an obvious one for autumn, but I think having a colour like this in your go-to polishes for Autumn is great. As we are creeping closer to the festive season any glitter is absolutely fine. I bought this whilst in America last year and I absolutely love it. It's such fine glitter and lasts on your nails for a good few days without chipping. 


Barry M - Red Wine
This is another one of my staple reds. I have another Barry M nail varnish which is pretty much exactly the same colour as this. This one is just slightly darker. I have quite a pale skin complexion and I think that this colour really compliments my skin well, without washing it out.


Tanya Burr Cosmetics - Penguin Chic
I know this might not seem like the obvious choice for a autumnal nail varnish, but on your nails its a really subtle grey/taupe colour. I think any grey toned nail varnish is really nice for the autumn, to match those classic english skies.


Thanks For Reading, 
Love Abi x

6 comments:

  1. Barry M have the best nail polishes!
    Lou | lolaspooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely aren't they! Such a varied collection xx

      Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. love the Tanya Burr Cosmetics - New York Night

    Tanya Burr Cosmetics - New York Night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely colour for autumn! x

      Delete
  3. I like tha last one - nude. My favourite color of this autumn :)
    Angelika , http://angelikatyszer.pl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a really nice tone to it :) xx

      Delete

I appreciate every comment left. Thank you so much for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS