Thursday, 6 March 2014

Fashion & Beauty Haul || Abi Street

So the poor university student I am struggles to go shopping. Usually, its when I return home and beg my mum for new things. I thought I would do a haul of some things I have recently got my hands on.

1) MUA Eyeshadow Palette - Undress Me Too

I was never really the biggest fan of eye shadow, but after slowly creeping into the blogging community and endlessly watching YouTubers and reading blogs. I've courageously decided to begin exploring with makeup techniques. Now I am in no way a makeup artist, in all fairness, I am absolutely rubbish at makeup. But experimenting with different products and styles has been something I have found myself doing more of. As my budget is seriously low, I really can only stick to high street brands. As much as I would love to get my hands on the Naked Palette's, that goal really is a stretch too far.

I absolutely adore this Mua Palette, and use it near enough everyday now. I find the colours really pigmented and last all day. The colours are absolutely beautiful and it really is worth the £4.00 my mother (oopsie) paid for it.

2) Maybelline Baby Skin Primer

Now, I have read a lot of reviews on this primer, some good and some bad. This is the first primer i've used. I have been dying to get my hands on the Benefit PoreFessional, however once again that would break my bank. So I thought, as my mother was treating me I would get this and try it out.

So far so good, I wouldn't say that it completely eliminates the view of my pores, but it does reduce them an awful lot. I've always struggled with blackheads (gross I know!) but this does help. The one thing I really dislike about this product is the feel of it on my skin/fingers. It feels really oily, i'm not sure if all primers feel like this but the feeling on my skin makes it seem as if its bad for my skin. As for the price (in Superdrug) its £7.99. I think this price is completely reasonable, its not too expensive for those of us shopping lower brand.

3) Boots Eyelash Curlers

This is a really boring item that I picked up. I had eyelash curlers before which were from avon, but whilst squeezing slightly too hard on Christmas eve, I snapped the curlers (they were on plastic) and stabbed myself in the eye! Ouch!! However, these eyelash curlers really do work wonders for me. I curl my lashes every morning before putting mascara on and they stay curled all day long. for £4.50 these really do not fault me at all, and they are an essential in my daily makeup routine.

4) Primark Jelly Shoes

I have been wanting jelly shoes for ages now as they were really bang on trend last summer, I never had the confidence though as I feel I really would look about 5 years old. But regardless of this, I am going away in April and thought I would brave it and buy some. I've been looking at loads of different places to buy them. Originally I did want some pastel pink/lilac ones and I am still debating buying some. But for now I am going to stick with these black ones. This really was an impulse buy because I didn't head out to buy these. But when I saw them I just knew I wanted them. Black is such a risky colour for summer sandals because if the weather does get hot (not likely in England) then it can result in burning your feet, and this is the last thing I wanted. I haven't worn them yet, because it isn't quite warm enough. But I can already tell how much I am going to wear them. They were only around £5/6 which once again is such a bargin - depending they last. I just want to add to my jelly shoe collection with colours now!!

5) Disney Socks

I love Disney. I love Alice In Wonderland. I love socks. I love these. So as soon as I saw these I didn't even hesitate, I just picked them up and carried on walking round Primark. There is currently a lot of Disney items in Primark, but I feel I would be looked upon in shame if I walked into my lecture wearing a Little Mermaid tshirt, so I have to resist buying these. The only thing I really dislike about these socks is, I put one sock on to see what it looked like and immediately the image got stretched and distorted. I literally had it on for about 5 seconds. I'm quite dissapointed with this because now the image just doesn't look right.

6) Leather Mini skirt

I bought one of these not too long ago from New Look. But the skirt really didn't fit right so i returned it. Ever since I have been envious of anybody wearing a leather skirt because I didn't have one. However, whilst aimlessly walking around Primark, I stopped this little beauty just hanging up with a load of jumpers (Primark for you ey!). I tried it on and it fitted in all the right place and I have never looked back. This will be so easy to style, you can dress it up or down but either way it is a statement piece that will remain in my wardrobe for a long time!

What have you guys been picking up recently?

Thanks for reading
Love Abi x

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. such a nice palette isn't it?! and so cheap aswell xx

      Delete
  2. I love Jelly shoes! Very comfy indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore them to go shopping in Sainsbury's last night and was honestly surprised by how comfortable they were! Definitely a staple item for the summer :) xx

      Delete
  3. The skirt looks really nice, I can't believe it's from Primark. Usually their stuff don't fit me properly and I kinda hate the whole shopping experience there :/

    http://www.snowwhiteinwonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I was exactly the same. I'm usually quite disappointed with Primark and can never find anything nice in there, but this fits so well on me and looks so nice!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a lot about the primer, think I might have to give it a try! Thanks for the follow honey, have followed you back. Such a lovely little post and I love the skirt ;)

    K xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say definitely try it, obviously its different for everybody but for me it does the job for a cheap and cheerful price :)

      Thanks for the follow, I really enjoy reading your blog posts :)

      xxx

      Delete

I appreciate every comment left. Thank you so much for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS